LS Computer Replacement Program
The goal of this program is to ensure that employees in the departments supported by LS IT have the tools they need to perform their work. The program is open to Senate faculty members, continuing lecturers, and base-budgeted career staff members in departments supported by LS IT.
About the Program
The College of Letters and Science funds this program to provide a replacement primary computer every 5 years to members of the covered populations.
The program is not available for graduate students, research staff, or employees who are paid from grant funds.
You can find your current balance in our self-service portal.
How do I Get a New Computer Under this Program?
For Senate faculty members and continuing lecturers, you can submit a replacement request through the LS IT service desk:
- Visit our Computer Replacement Program Self-Service Portal to check your current eligibility and available balance.
- Before submitting a request, review the list of available models. For more expensive models, you can contribute funds from other sources (e.g., startup funds, research funds, some grant funds, etc.) Need help deciding what to buy? Just contact LS IT for a consultation!
- Submit your request to the LS IT service desk. We will verify your eligibility. Be sure to mark the model you would like to request.
For career staff, we work directly with the CAOs and managers for computer replacement.
What If I Don't Need a Replacement Computer Right Now?
Is your current computer still meeting your needs? Then there is no need to submit a replacement request right now. You can return to this website to submit a request when you are ready. Beyond 5 years, your balance in the program will continue to accrue up to the maximum amount specified below.
When Will I Receive My Replacement Computer?
The typical lead time from the request is placed with LS IT is 3-6 weeks. Primarily, this is the lead time for our vendors to deliver the computers to us.
What If I Want Something Other than the Standard Models?
The goal of this program is to ensure that LS employees have the tools they need for administrative, teaching, and standard research duties rather than highly specialized research needs. However, we do offer premium packages that are not fully covered by the program. The additional cost not covered by the program will be listed with the premium packages.
Costs for premium models beyond those covered by this program must be funded by department or other university funding sources, such as grant funds or discretionary accounts.
Please contact LS IT (see footer for contact information).
- Program Eligibility
- Letters and Science Dean's Office
- Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies departments
- Social Sciences departments
- Senate Faculty
- Continuing Lecturers
- Base budgeted Career Staff
- Base budgeted Non-faculty Academic appointees
- Other Requirements
- 50% or higher appointment within a covered department
- Program Terms
- For all programs
- Balances accrue beyond term up to a maximum accrual amount.
- Balances are updated quarterly based on a 13-week quarter, calculated from the last time the program was used.
- Any unused balance remaining after using the program will roll over for future use.
- Program covers only a primary computer for the use of the eligible individual.
- Program covers a primary computer for instruction/teaching/administration/research and directly associated peripherals. Program cannot be used for just peripherals, software, non-computer items, servers, etc.
- Program may be used at any balance, up to that balance amount.
- Individual or department may contribute additional university funds beyond what is available/covered to purchase a more expensive computer.
- Replacement computer makes/models must be supported by LS IT.
- Program participants may have a maximum of two CRP-funded computers at a time and must return an old device to initiate a new replacement once the maximum is reached.
- No annual call; program can be used as needed.
- The available account balance from the program is based on when an order is approved, not when it is received.
- For Senate Faculty and Continuing Lecturers
- 5 year term
- $2250 covered at full term
- $3000 maximum accrual
- Faculty may initiate a replacement at any time given an available CRP balance
- For Career Staff
- 5 year term
- $1800 covered at full term
- $2000 maximum accrual
- Staff replacements are coordinated through managers
- For all programs